I’ve been sick, y’all, and it’s bumming me out. Sure, being sick seems like the perfect excuse to curl up with my laptop and do some productive internet-ing, but that’s not quite how it goes for me. My brain goes fuzzy and the most it can handle is turning on Netflix and slouching over to the kitchen to make some tea. A perfect recipe for doing absolutely nothing productive for a week. Great.
Since my mental and physical energy are finally starting to come back, I thought I’d remind you all that I’m not dead and give you a peek at some things that have been keeping me feeling positive over the past week:
I ordered a Passion Planner a while back and it recently showed up in my mailbox. It’s a mega useful planner slash life coach all packed inside a pretty faux leather binding. I haven’t gotten too deep into planning with it yet as a result of the sickness, but I’m pretty stoked to get down to business with this baby very soon.
I recently said yes to something I wouldn’t normally do (goal #83) and hired a career coach to help me figure out what I should be doing with my life and how to get there. Asking for help from other people is not my strong suit, especially when it costs me money. But this guy came highly recommended, and I’ve been struggling a lot with this career question lately, so I figured I’d just take the plunge. We’ve only met once so far, but I’m excited to keep working with him. He started me off by having me take the Myers Briggs personality test to see what types of work my personality is best suited for. Apparently I’m an INFJ. Has anyone else every taken this test? What did you think of it? I thought the description of my personality type fit me shockingly well.
And finally, cats on roombas to make us all feel better:
Be well, friends!
So, no big deal but…I won an award! The lovely Ailene over at Incurable Wanderlust (where she posts beautiful photos of her adventures and tips to be a savvy traveler like herself) nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Ailene!
Forthwith, my duties as an award winner are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (Thanks again!)
- Include a link to their blog. (see above!)
- Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Okay, so I only picked 7 blogs to nominate — 7 blogs and 7 things about me just seems more organized to me)
- Link your nominees’ blog and tell them 7 things about yourself. (see below!)
Since I’m new in town, everyone below falls into the “recently discovered” category, but y’all are really starting to grow on me!
- Awaken and Explore
- Dark Roast
- My Perceived Reality
- Not With Haste
- Souls of Wit
- Typing and Thinking
7 things about me:
- I’m afraid of moths and butterflies
- My favorite german author is Thomas Mann
- One of my most prized possessions is a painting of my cat that my boyfriend had commissioned for my birthday last year.
- I think Hall and Oates is the perfect cure for any bad day.
- I CANNOT WAIT for the new season of Twin Peaks to come out next year
- I’m currently plotting my escape from the 9-5 work life
- In my limited travels, the one site that has made the greatest impression on me is Vigeland Park in Oslo, Norway.
Me in an apple tree
My name is Kate and I’ve lived in beautiful, frigid Michigan my whole life. I’m a full-on crazy cat lady and coffee enthusiast. I can’t resist donuts or cheap used books. Yoga keeps me sane. My one desire in life is to see the world. Like, the whole world. All of it. I hate routine, I never want to have kids, and I’m ready to move away from Michigan as soon as possible.
I’ve worked doing communications for a nonprofit organization for the past 2 years, and I’m in the process of figuring out my next career move. The nonprofit I work for just closed its Michigan office — I’m still doing my same job, but today marks my first day of working from home full time. I love it.
I like making goals and lists and I’ve got lots of different interests but I never seem to devote the time I’d like to them. Which is why I started this 101 things project. I’m making plans, holding myself accountable to them (by opening myself up to public internet shame if I don’t complete them — yikes!), and hoping to gain some insight into myself and what I should be doing with my life along the way.
Pleased to meet ya!